A 37-year resident of the Tampa Bay area, Kimberly Overman was elected to the County Commission in 2018. Kimberly earned a Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Resource Economics Degree from the University of Maryland, raised two children and launched and ran several successful businesses. She is a Certified Financial Planner and former CEO of a fee-only registered investment advisory firm and owner of The Heights Exchange, LLC, a commercial space in Seminole Heights.
She also re-created a business chamber of commerce for the Tampa urban core. A long-time advocate of smart planning, economic growth, strong families, sustainable communities, and the importance of education, Commissioner Overman has a long history of public service volunteerism and community involvement.
The Commissioner currently serves on the following boards and councils:
• Affordable Housing Advisory Board (Chair),
• Commission on Human Trafficking (Chair),
• Transportation Management Area Leadership Group (includes MPO/TPO representatives from Pasco, Pinellas & Hillsborough County) (Chair),
• Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART),
• Transportation Planning Organization,
• Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County,
• Public Safety Coordinating Council,
• Liaison for the Department of Defense - Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce MacDill Air Force Base Support Committee, and
• Hillsborough County Hospital Authority
CABA's Government Affairs Committee presents the "Meet Your Representative" series with County Commissioner Kimberly Overman
Lunch provided by Black Sheep American Pub
Biography and Background: